Initially we expected the iPad Air 3 to launch in 2015 but instead Apple gave us the iPad Pro and iPad Mini 4. And to be honest, that kept us satisfied. And now in 2016, you will get iPad Air 3 released at the third part of the year. Now, lets some tips and tricks on iPad Air 3.
Part 1: iPad Air 3 Supported Formats
Each member in iPad family has its own strict limitation on video and audio formats including iPad Air 3. Similar to other Apple tablet models, the main supported video formats of iPad Air 3 is probably H.264, MPEG-4 and Motion JPEG. >>iPhone 6/6 Plus Supported Audio/Video Formats
* H.264: Resolution up to 1080p, 60 frames per seconds; High Profile level 4.2; AAC-LC audio, bitrate up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo; .m4v, .mp4, .mov file formats.
* MPEG-4: Resolution of 640 X 480, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile; AAC-LC audio, bitrate up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio; .m4v, .mp4, .mov file formats.
* Motion JPEG: Resolution of 1280 X 720, 30 frames per second; audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio, .avi file format.
Transfer Supported Video to iPad Air 3
1. Download iTunes app from Apple website to install it on your Mac or PC computer.
2. Connect your iPad Air 3 to iTunes with the USB cable that comes with your iPad Air 3
3. Choose iPad Air 3 as your file syncing destination
4. Click the dropdown menu near “iTunes Store” on the top right corner to choose iPad Air 3.
5. After choosing device “iPad Air 3”, iTunes will automatically switch to the summary interface where you’re allowed to sync movies, music, photos, TV shows, apps, etc to your iPad Air 3.
6. Here we take syncing movies as example, click “Movies” to movie syncing interface. Please make sure the box for “Sync Movies” is checked. And then check the movie items you’d like to sync to your iPad Air 3.
7. Click the “Apply” button on the bottom right corner to start syncing your videos, music or photos to your iPad Air 3.
How to Play Unsupported Video to iPad Air 3?
From the supported format of iPad Air 3, we know that MKV, VOB, ISO, AVI, WMV, YouTube FLV, Tivo, etc video won’t be played on iPad Air 3. If you have these unsupported video and want to play on iPad Air 3, you can use Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac (review)to help you convert unsupported video to iPad Air 3 playable video.
It works in H.264, MP4, MOV, MKV, VOB, WMV, MPG, Tivo, AVI, Divx, M4V, QT, FLV, F4V, ASF, 3GP, TS, MTS, M2TS, TP, TRP, MOV, MOD, VRO,TOD, MXF(partial), DV, M2V, 3G2, RM, RMVB, DAT, NUT, NSV, etc video. You can input these video to the software and output MP4, MOV, M4V format for iPad Air 3. It even can rip Blu-ray/DVD to iPad Air 3. This program can keep original video quality and allows you to adjust video and audio codec, bitrate, resolution, channel, frame rate to get more compatible with iPad Air 3. Besides, it offers optimized preset for iPad Air.
Three Steps to convert unsupported video to iPad Air 3
Step 1: Click the "File" button on the top-left of the program to load unsupported video to the app. Tivo, MKV, AVI, WMV, etc are all supported.
Step 2: Click “Format” drop-down list and choose “iPad > iPad HD Video(*.mp4)” as the compatible MP4 preset with best video quality. Or you can choose other presets if you don’t need full size videos.
Tip: You could also click the “Settings” to adjust the video and audio parameters of output files. In the Video Settings, you can select Encoder, Frame Rate, Resolution (you could define it yourself according to your iPad Pro tablet) and Bitrate for your movie.
Step 3: Hit the big red “Convert” to start converting unsupported video to MP4 with best video settings for iPad Air 3. After the conversion, click “Open output folder” in the conversion window, or “Open” in main interface to quick locate the converted video and copy to iPad Air 3 via iTunes.
Top 3 Video Players for iPad Air 3
A good video player has the capability to double your video watching entertainment and experience. It can fill life to your video. We have compiled a list of Top 3 video players for iPad Air 3.
1. AirPlayit / AirPlayit HD
AirPlayit/ AirPlayit HD is limited to iPad users only with iOS 4.0 or later. Air Playit is a video streaming & player app, it is designed to streaming videos and audio to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Air Playit is capable of streaming and playing 320 different video & audio formats on your devices via WiFi and 3G/4G network. It acts as your personal audio video cloud server & player, and lets you watch videos on the go.
PlayerXtremeHD player is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod with iOS 5.0 or later. It is capable of running files of almost all formats. Its library has Mac finder/ Windows Explorer like interface that is very easy to handle.You can easily organize your media files. It supports SMB, UPNP and Wi-Fi. You can play video and audio files directly from email attachments.Supports HD playback (in 1080p) for MP4, MOV and M4V. You can control subtitles font size, track and language. It has the capability to boost volume up to 12 times the original sound for watching movies with headphones.
GoodPlayer is compatible with iPad, iPhone and iPod touch with iOS 4.3 and later. Swipe finger up/down on playing, change subtitles or turn off subtitles. It supports almost all video and audio formats.
Lots of subtitle language encoding supported. There are two full screen modes : Crop on full screen and Fit on full screen. Set password protection on folders.