Rip, Copy and View Blu-ray on Kodi(XBMC) via Network
Here's a stepwise tutorial showing you how to rip Blu-ray to Kodi (XBMC) friendly video so that you can copy and play Blu-ray on Kodi freely.
The home theater software Kodi is probably the best solution out there if you want to get the best media manager/player for all the video files on your computer, hard drive or media server, but one thing it lacks is a built in Blu-ray decoder. Then what is the best way to copy Blu-rays to Kodi for playback via network? If you've no idea about this, you're definitely being the right place.
Considering although Kodi can play many kinds of movies, it has difficulty in streaming encryption Blu-ray disc for getting stuck. So, to stick encryption Blu-ray to Kodi, you need remove the copy protection from Blu-ray and backup Blu-ray to Kodi in a normal format like MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, etc for playback. Only comes with some help from third-party Blu-ray ripping software software, it can be done effortlessly.
Some guys recommend to have a look at the program MakeMKV, rips off disk or file directly to MKV. I've given it a whirl. However, it takes a too long time for copying my Blu-ray movie content which is combined with the larger file size. It seems that the transcoding takes forever. So I need to get another way. This is why I choose Dimo BDmate, which is a top-selling Blu-ray Ripper/Copier in the market which has the following features:
* Break down the encryption in Blu-ray discs, including AACS, BD+, region codes, etc.
* Rip Blu-ray to Kodi friendly video with high output video quality and fast ripping speed
* Convert Blu-ray/DVD to H.265, H.264, MP4, MKV (including lossless mkv), AVI, etc with original video quality.
* Copy Blu-ray main movie to m2ts and and leave out extras, commentary, etc.
* Provide some video editing tools to let you crop the Blu-ray movies black bars, trim the unnecessary part, etc. for better video watching experience
* Offer optimal presets for iPhone, iPad, PS3/PS4/PS4 Pro, Xbox 360/Xbox One/Xbox One S, Samsung/Panasonic/LG/Sony TV, etc.
* Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP, etc
* Has the equivalent Mac version which supports macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, etc
Insert the Blu-ray disc into your computer's Blu-ray drive and run the best Blu-ray ripper. You can load the Blu-ray movies by clicking "Add Blu-ray" button. This Blu-ray converter also supports ripping BDMV folder and ISO files.
2. Choose output format
Here H.264 MP4/MKV is the best choice for playing via Kodi(XBMC). You can click "Select Format" and choose MP4 or MKV from "Format > Video" as below. Or select HD MP4, HD MKV from "Format > HD Video" if you want to keep 1080p resolution as source movie.
Tip: Advanced profile settings
Simply click Settings bar and you can tweak the settings to your satisfaction and even save it as preset. You'd better adjust the video settings to keep a balance of video size and video quality.
3. Start ripping Blu-ray to Kodi
After all necessary settings, click the "Start" button to begin converting Blu-ray movies to Kodi highly compatible video files. Once the conversion done, click on "Open" button to access to the videos you ripped. Afterwards, just copy the converted Blu-ray files to your Kodi for enjoyment.
If you need more special functions like gif making, video recording and video looping when playing Blu-ray, please refer to 8K Player (Win/Mac) - an 8-in-1 media player, not just to play Blu-ray movie, but also DVD, SD/HD/4K UHD videos and music with full HD 1080p and best sound quality.